Dyfed Richards Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which we collect any personal data from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand the practices we follow regarding your personal data and how we handle it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations the data controller is Dyfed Richards Ltd Unit 1, Charter Way Business Park, Century Drive, Braintree, Essex CM77 8YL
Company Registration No. 4883101
By using our website and having read this policy, you consent to its contents and its terms.
Information we may collect from you
The legal basis for processing the following information is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business.
Method of collection
- (a) Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.dyfedrichards.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Dyfed Richards Ltd and when you report a problem with our site.
- (b) If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- (c) We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- (d) Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Our website and services are targeted at persons over the age of 18. If we have reason to believe that we hold personal data of a person under that age in our databases, we will delete that personal data.
Retaining and Deleting Data
All personal data will be retained for 3 years. At the end of this period it will be deleted from our systems if there has been no enquiry, quotation request order placed with Dyfed Richards Ltd within this 3 year period. However, this will also depend on any pending guarantee period, legal or insurance issue.
Updating your Information
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. The legal basis for processing the following information is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- (a) to estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- (b) to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- (c) to speed up your searches
- (d) to recognise you when you return to our site
We do not publish Google AdSense interest-based advertisements on our website.
Where we store your personal data
Dyfed Richards Ltd does not transfer any personal data to counties outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- (a) to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- (b) to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- (c) to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- (d) to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- (e) to notify you about changes to our service.
The data that we collect may also be processed by staff who work for us in order to fulfil your order, process your payment details and provide support services.
Disclosure of your information
We do not exchange or sell your data to any third party web sites or external data suppliers.
We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers limited to only as reasonably necessary, for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice and managing legal disputes.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you before collecting your data and request consent to use your data for such purposes. If you give consent, this can be withdrawn at any time using the unsubscribe button on the communication.
Access to information
You have a right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with GDPR. Any access request is free of charge and should be submitted to Dyfed Richards Ltd by email to firstname.lastname@example.org